Side Note about Maryland Bridges
- Maryland bridges are fairly misunderstood in dentistry.
- These restorative options are a great option for younger adults that provides an esthetic solution at a crucial time in life.
- I don’t recommend these as a permanent solution.
- I did not prep the adjacent teeth at all (because occlusion would allow it)
- These rely on adhesive bonding.
- These restorations can have one or two wings. In the maxillary arch, I do one wing. In this position, I did two wings due to the occlusal force and direction.
- This case was fabricated all in Emax press.